вход по аккаунту


Teacher Licensing and Certification

код для вставкиСкачать
Many changes to licensing in WI.
1. ELO – (Educator Licensing
2. Fingerprinting
3. Time constraints
ELO Frequent Q & A’S
• Electronic Licensing Online –
• What is the timeline for this project?
• Implementation is scheduled to occur in January 2014. Additional
enhancements are planned through June 2014.
• What is the scope of this project?
• The scope of the project is to create a user-friendly electronic licensing
system that is easy to use for all stakeholders.
• Does this change license cycles?
• No, they will still be July and January.
• Will there be a fee to use the ELO system?
• No, but the normal application fee will still apply.
• How do I access the system?
• There will be a link on the DPI web site.
• There will be an ability to upload documents in the ELO system when
applying for a license.
• How will I be able to check the status of my application?
• There will be a login process that will give you access to the status of
your application.
• How do I pay for applications?
• ELO will use an e-payment system that is approved by the State of
Wisconsin. (Credit Card; not Debit card!)
Benefits of ELO
Track the status of your application online
Print your own license certificate online
Email reminders and notifications
Real-time validation of information
Comprehensive licensure data in one location
Robust security to protect sensitive data
Secure, user-friendly login process
Streamlined endorsement process for Wisconsin
program completers
• Helpful guides to direct applicants to apply for
the appropriate license.
Initial Educator License- PI 1062-IS
• Use for:
• Use by:
Applying for Initial Educator Teaching license.
Wisconsin approved program completers with
institutional endorsements.
• Use for:
• Use by:
Applying for Initial Educator Pupil Services license.
Wisconsin approved program completers with
institutional endorsements.
• Use for:
Applying for Initial Educator Library Media Specialist
Wisconsin approved program completers with
institutional endorsements.
Use by:
MCEA: 1-6
ECA: K-12
EAA: 6-12
Reg. Elem Education
Spanish, Teaching
Mathematics, Teaching
What are you applying for?
• Grade levels
MCEA – 1-8 – Regular Elementary Education
EAA – 6-12 – Regular Secondary Education
ECA – K-12 – Birth to 21 Education (K-12)
• Subjects
Regular Elem Ed
Language Arts – Minor;
SPED Cognitive Disabilities
SPED Learning Disabilities
SPED Learning Disabilities
MCEA 1-8 & EAA 6-12
Music – Instrumental
Music – General
Add-on Certification – SPED
Learning Disabilities; Cognitive Disabilities;
Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities; CrossCategorical
UNDERGRADUATE MAJOR DEGREE PROGRAMS College of Education and Human Sciences
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Social Studies
Economics History
Latin American Studies
Political Science
Theatre Arts
Bachelor of Science (BS)
Elementary Education Physical Science
Chemistry Geography
Communication Sciences and Disorders
Kinesiology Physics-Mathematics Mathematics
Special Education
Bachelor of Music Education (BME)
Music majors
Contact or (715) 836-5984 with
New Procedures!!
Do you need them?
• Have you worked, resided or
physically attended class in
any state other than WI after
17 yrs of age? NO? YOU DO
• If you have worked, resided or
physically attended class in a
US Territory (Guam Puerto
Rico etc.,); Canada or Great
Britain, and not for a UWEC
experience, you DO NEED
• Fieldprint – private
vendor who offers inkless
fingerprinting using
Livescan technology.
Submits fingerprints
electronically to WI Dept
of Justice and FBI. The
results of the background
check ran on the
fingerprints will be
forwarded to WI DPI.
How to get Fingerprints
Go to
You will create an account on that website to
schedule an appointment to get the
fingerprints done.
You will provide a “reason code” when
scheduling your appointment. The code is
Complete all required information.
Schedule your appointment at a location and
time near to you as listed.
You must pay for the fingerprinting service
online using a credit card, the charge is $50.
Print the confirmation page to take with you
to your appointment.
You will have to provide 2 forms of ID; one
picture and another.
Picture ID:
State-issued drivers license
State-issued ID card
U.S. Passport
Military ID
Work Visa with Photo
Foreign Passport
Secondary ID:
Social Security Card
Bank Statement
Utility Bill
Credit Card
Marriage Certificate
Vehicle Registration
Birth Certificate
• Online application
Fingerprint cards
Verification form
Official transcript (Do not open)
MTLE testing
Possible Reading and
assessment courses.
Other States
• Contact their state licensing agency
Links to other states’ licensing offices:
• Verification form – endorsed by UWEC’s
Certifying Officer
• Official transcript?
Time Constraints
• Although you will graduate December 21, you
will student teach until either January 17 or 24th.
• You will be required to have your Gate III
portfolio in to be given a final grade before the
Holidays. Once the grade is given, the Registrar’s
office will run their final audit on your student
record to ensure your degree can be conferred.
If all criteria are met, they will grant you your
degree. When degrees are conferred, I will be
sending down the required list to DPI indicating
your certifications and applicable licensure
Time Constraints (Cont’d)
After January 15th, (or so we think), you will be able to
log into the ELO and start your application. According to
sources at DPI, you will be able to complete the first two
pages of the application and save it until your degree is
conferred. When DPI has accepted our list of students,
you will be contacted by our office via your UWEC email.
At that time, complete the application for your WI
License. If you have ever even thought about getting
your WI license, APPLY! DO NOT WAIT!! If you have any
charges etc., that will show up on your background check
(i.e. court case(s)) and have documentation regarding a
case, you will have the opportunity to upload those
documents with an explanation as an attachment to your
license application.
Time Constraints (Cont’d)
If you are an MCEA – Elem Ed student, a SPED – Special
Ed student, or have a Special Ed minor, and do not apply
for your license before January 31, 2014, you will be
required to participate in and pass the WI Foundations of
Reading Exam before you will be allowed to apply for a
This is the last semester the WI Foundations of Reading
Exam will not be mandatory, so GET YOUR LICENSE! If
you do not apply for your license and decide in 6 months
you want it, you will be required to participate and pass
the exam. When DPI has accepted your application, you
will be able to print out your License/Certificate
immediately. PRINT IT and save a copy for yourself, as
well as saving an electronic copy!!
• Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
• Minnesota Department of Education
• Chart with links to all 50 states licensing
• UW-Eau Claire Field Experience &
Certification Office
Размер файла
1 069 Кб
Пожаловаться на содержимое документа